Are you engaging, inspiring, enhancing, & promoting your staff?
NALS offers you a one-stop source for training, educating, and developing a professional staff who will be committed to their legal career and to your law office and practice.
NALS has the resources and experience to assist in training, educating and maintaining long-term support staff who understand their position on your legal services team.
NALS has over 80 years of experience in providing support to its nationwide membership of legal professionals through education, professional development and networking.
Find out how NALS can help your employees help you:
With three levels of certification NALS offers something for everyone and if you are just starting your career we offer you ways to prove yourself as you advance and gain experience.
- Accredited Legal Secretary…the basic certification for legal professionals - The ALS certification is for beginners in the legal industry and helps you to prove your capabilities. This is a four-hour, three-part exam covering written communications, office procedures and legal knowledge, and ethics.
- Professional Legal Secretary…the advanced certification for legal professionals – The PLS certification is an advanced certification for legal professionals showing a mastery of skills. This is a four-part exam covering written communications, office procedures and technology, ethics, and legal knowledge and skills.
- Professional Paralegal – Are you looking for a way to establish your credentials nationwide as a Professional Paralegal? Established in 2004 at our members’ request, the Certified PP designation is an attainable goal for paralegals who wish to be identified as exceptional in all areas of law. The certificate is received after passing a one-day, four-part examination. This exam covers written communications, legal knowledge and skills, ethics, and substantive law.
- Online Study Group – NALS members are offered a free online study group to help them prepare for any of the three NALS certifications.
- Specialty Certificate Program - NALS is offering Specialty Certificates for those who want to go above and beyond. Receiving a Specialty Certificate in one of the 4 tracks designated by NALS – Litigation/Civil Law, Corporate Law, Estate Planning/Family Law, or General Law is sure to set you apart from the competition and make your area of expertise known.
By offering several ways for you to gain the needed continuing legal education for you to advance in your career, NALS gives you options in your learning:
- Legal Training Course - The NALS Legal Training Courses are offered locally by states and chapters and Online through a partnership with Stetson University. These courses can prepare you for a career in the legal profession and are a great way to prepare for certification.
- NALS WebEd – The latest and greatest form of online education from NALS are these multimedia webinars presented by experts in the area. WebEd sessions cost $35 for members and $50 for non members and offer attendees the best online educational experience.
NALS is on the cutting edge of technology by providing information to you in the ways you want to receive it. Whether it is a print publication, digital newsletter, email alerts, or even through social media, NALS will keep you up to date on what is going on in the association and the industry.
- @Law – The NALS magazine for legal professionals is sent to members four times per year and includes expert written articles on all areas of law as well as specific topics of interest to members. This is a top-notch publication that NALS members can be proud of while learning from the content and anticipating the next issue.
- the NALS docket – A new feature for members is this digital magazine that includes e-Learn (a trend update), Leading the Way (information from NALS committees), Blogworthy (information on what the blogging world is talking about), ReTweet (the chatter on Twitter), member spotlights, news from the president and executive director and more information from NALS.
- e-News – This is the electronic newsletter from NALS. e-News is sent to member inboxes each week with reminders and information on ways you can utilize your membership. These are also great deadline reminders so you do not miss any opportunities!
- insideNALS – The official NALS blog features posts from NALS officers and NALS staff and will also show the latest posts made to the NALS website, including press releases and industry news, and article content that is also featured in @Law and the NALS docket.
We all still like to meet in person, and NALS conferences are well known for offering great education while creating a fun environment for you to enjoy your time away from the office. With state, regional and two national conferences we hope that you can make the most out of your membership and attend a NALS conference.
- NALS Education Conference & National Forum – The crown jewel of NALS conferences, this gathering features three days of education and networking opportunities at different destinations each year. Held in October, this conference changes locations around the country so keep any eye out as it may be headed your way soon!
- Professional Development & Education Conference – NALS gathers each March in Tulsa, Oklahoma (the home of the NALS Resource Center), to provide members with the leadership knowledge and skills it takes to successfully operate a local or state chapter. Not planning on becoming a NALS leader? This conference also offers an educational track providing you with great speakers on timely topics.
- Regional Conferences – NALS is broken down into eight regions. These regions host one conference each year providing you with a closer-to-home way to attend a NALS event. Many of these conferences are held in the summer and vary in location and schedules.
Other Member Benefits
- States & Chapters NALS is structured so that you will have a support system on every level by being a part of your local chapter, the state association and the national association you will be connected across the country.
- NALS Code of Ethics The NALS Code of Ethics gives you credibility in the legal industry by showing your adherence to a strict set of professional guidelines. This adherence shows your dedication to the industry and your career as a legal professional.
- Affinity Programs Through outside sources NALS is able to provide our members with discounts on a variety of goods and services! Make sure you take advantage of these NALS member benefits.
- The NALS Foundation The non-profit wing of NALS offers states and chapters grants to supply you with quality educational programs. They also offer scholarships for members looking to become leaders within NALS.
- Mentor Program The skills of establishing a relationship, building trust, listening, asking questions, and a willingness to make time and take an interest in someone’s development are the keys to successful mentoring. It complements and support the learning process. It also can increase your professional development.
Warner Norcross & Judd LLP and its support staff appreciate and highly endorse the NALS training materials. Having the ability to customize and incorporate our Firm’s specific practices and procedures into these excellent educational materials is cost-effective and ensures continued excellence in our legal support staff.
For more information regarding membership benefits contact the NALS Resource Center at 918-582-5188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org