NALS offers members and nonmembers the opportunity to sit for three unique certifications dedicated to the legal services profession. The exams are of varying levels and are developed by professionals in the industry. Each of the three certifications is developed by NALS and takes advantage of the more than 84 years of experience and dedication to the legal services industry only NALS has to offer. NALS has the certification for you, whether you are beginning a career in the legal industry or are a veteran paralegal ready to display your skills.
Accredited Legal Professional, the basic certification for legal professionals, is the entry-level examination for those entering the legal support profession. Professional Paralegal and Professional Legal Secretary are two certifications dedicated to those professionals performing paralegal and legal secretary/assistant duties, respectively. You may apply for each exam online, however if you wish to fill out an application and mail or fax it to the NALS Resource Center you can download the applications by using the links below.
NALS offers continuing legal education and exam preparation through the Online Study Group!
Accredited Legal Professional
Current Number Certified: 3,215
- Click here to download the ALP Application (PDF format)
- Click here to download the ALP recertification application (PDF Format)
Professional Legal Secretary
Current Number Certified: 5,742
- Click here to download the PLS Application (PDF format)
- Click here to download the partial waiver request form for the PLS (PDF Format)
- Click here to download the PLS recertification application (PDF Format)