NALS Resource Center Seeks Certification/Education Manager
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Please email your resume and salary requirements to our Tammy Hailey, Executive Director.
Education & Experience: Bachelor's degree is preferred. Association management or legal work experience strongly preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities; attention to detail is essential
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other organizations, and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Flexibility to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel, as necessary
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Openness to continuing learning and upgrading of skills
- Manage all certification and education related programs, including but not limited to online webinars, biannual online study groups, certification exams, and development of support materials to accompany each program.
- Ensure that required components of education and certification programs meet the accreditation standards and correspond to the mission of the organization.
- Contribute to the planning process for educational activities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information to help identify legal support staff educational needs.
- Guide, direct, and support the work of committees and task forces in the development of educational/certification activities and materials.
- Collaborate with appropriate NALS staff and staff from other legal associations in identifying relevant areas of collaboration on educational programming.
- Assist with the development of certification exams and study materials.
- Coordinate entire certification exam process, from applications to test moderators to communicating final exam scores.
- Assist with Annual Meeting as needed, collaborating with Meetings and Conventions staff to confirm that all arrangements and meeting needs are accounted for.
- Maintain and update an accurate program for the Annual Meeting as the sessions evolve.
- Assist with the development of content for the promotional material, preliminary program and final program book.
- Collaborate with Meetings and Conventions staff on the development and implementation of evaluations for individual sessions and the overall program.
Job Type: Full-time