NALS Resource Center Seeks Member Services Coordinator
Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Please email your résumé and salary requirements to Tammy Hailey, Executive Director.
NALS is looking for a Member Services Coordinator. This is a one-person department. We need a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who has proficient computer skills. Please send your résumé and salary requirements.
Member Services Coordinator Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
Job Description: to assist in the development and execution of member services programs of the association, to assist the Executive Director in the coordination of activities and programs of NALS, and to contribute to the total quality operation of NALS Resource Center so that it can provide quality services to members.
The Member Services Coordinator is responsible to create and implement a comprehensive annual membership campaign to acquire new members, retain, and upgrade current members. Overarching goals include:
- Achieve specific revenue goals from membership-level giving.
- Grow the overall number of members to a specific target.
- Work closely with staff to develop members as active participants in programmatic initiatives.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Answer the phone and process mail daily
- Maintain accurate and current member databases
- Maintenance of chapter/committee member databases
- Maintain a working knowledge of the NALS Bylaws and Standing Rules, policy, and procedures to facilitate a better understanding of the area of membership
- Prepare monthly financials and statistical reports of NALS membership growth and retention for staff/leadership
- Develop and implement traditional fundraising techniques and new initiatives to acquire new members and sponsors
- Ensure high quality records management and customer service for existing and potential members
- Assist in the management of membership department budget and program of work
- Serve as liaison for membership recognition lists in publications including newsletter and website
- Manage data entry and ensure accurate and timely entry of revenue tracking and other records
- Prepare IRS Form 990-N annual report to the NALS CPA
- Coordinate the contracting of membership lists to outside vendors as approved by the Executive Director/NALS Board (Currently contracted with InFocus for list rental)
Job Type: Full-time