Some people join NALS simply for the intangible benefit of supporting the mission of the organization, while others join to gain a specific discount or benefit. Whichever the case, as a NALS member you are entitled to a wide range of tangible benefits. We are always working to expand this list and provide more value for your membership. Do you have an idea for a benefit you'd like us to provide? We welcome any suggestions you may have - please contact us with your ideas!
Affinity Partners - Benefits For Members
Through outside sources NALS is able to provide our members with many discounted services that otherwise would be substantially more expensive. Below is an overview; to access pertinent member-only information required to take advantage of these benefits, click here.
- 123CE.COM: Give yourself the competitive edge with NALS-approved online continuing education offered through 123ce.com. 30+ specialized CLE courses are available, offering over 310 hours of NALS-approved CLE credit! NALS members will receive 10% off.
- Aflac: NALS is making Aflac’s accident, critical illness, life, and cancer/specified-disease insurance policies available to its members. Aflac offers a distinct type of protection. Unlike major medical health insurance, Aflac pays you (unless otherwise assigned) not the doctor or hospital. You control the cash benefits and spend them as you like to help with financial challenges an accident or illness could have to your standard of living.
- Avis Car Rental: We are pleased to announce that Avis is now a supplier of rental car services for members of NALS. NALS members can enjoy special member rates, considerable value-added discounts and the latest in technology, products, and services to make your car rental experience better than ever. Some of Avis’ programs include: Complimentary Preferred® Service Enrollment, Where2TM GPS, and Avis e-Receipt.
- Bill4Time - Time Billing Software: Bill4Time is the leading time billing software with proven features, accuracy and functionality. Bill4Time handles your most important business matters, leaving you more time to focus on your practice. As a perk of NALS membership, all members will receive a FREE version of Bill4Time that includes ten (10) clients and fifteen (15) matters. They will also receive a 20% lifetime discount on all of Bill4Time's products and services.
- DLS Internet Services: DLS is a technology services provider with primary expertise in the areas of unified communications and network operations. DLS has been a trusted partner for over 20 years, helping firms stay competitive and realizing value through our comprehensive suite of technology services for feature-rich VOIP Hosted PBX integrated communications, network security, and private cloud services. We help keep your operations agile, secure and better able to harness the power of true unified communications. Members of NALS receive a 10% discount on services.
- Email Marketing by Constant Contact®: Are you looking for an easy, effective, and highly affordable way to get your message out to your members and build strong, successful, and lasting relationships with them? With Email Marketing by Constant Contact, you’ll create high-impact email newsletters and promotions in minutes, no technical expertise necessary. With more than 400 easily-customized templates, a simple point-and-click tool, and award-winning free customer support, you can create professional, compelling messages your audience will act on. And we make it easy for you to manage your contact lists, sign up website visitors, track your clicks and open rates, and send automated communications to new subscribers.
- FedEx® Advantage Program: By participating in the FedEx® Advantage Program, NALS members are eligible for the following discounts:
- Up to 16% off select FedEx Express® U.S. shipping
- Up to 12% off select FedEx Ground® shipping
- Up to 20% off select FedEx Office® services
- Hertz Car Rental: Take advantage of special discounts available through NALS Hertz Member Savings program.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance: Liberty Mutual has partnered with NALS to offer member-exclusive savings on quality auto and home insurance.*
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
- Paralegal Today: Paralegal Today is the leading, independent magazine serving the needs of paralegals and legal assistants for over 30 years. Members of NALS get a discount on subscription rates. Your subscription includes access to the current and previous digital editions which can be read online or with your iPhone, iPad or other mobile device.
- UPS: UPS was founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States. UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS serves more than 200 countries and territories, reaching 90% of the world’s population. Whether you need a shipment to arrive the same day, the next day, or in a few days, UPS will get your package there on time–guaranteed. UPS is the newest partner with NALS and now offers NALS members a discount of up to 26%.
- @WashULaw - $10,000 Scholarship Link:
Washington University School of Law’s online Master of Legal Studies (MLS) program is designed for professionals who are interested in exploring U.S. law as it relates to a wide array of disciplines, but do not wish to practice as an attorney and earn a three-year juris doctor degree. Delivered completely online, this top-tier program features the same rigorous curriculum and is taught by the same faculty as the on-campus program at Washington University School of Law. No LSAT or GRE score are required. As a NALS member, you are eligible for a $10,000 scholarship if you choose to enroll in this program.
NALS Programs - Benefits For Members
- NALS Career Center: Through the NALS Career Center, education and career services are now combined to deliver the ultimate platform built with the tools to meet your professional learning objectives. The NALS Career Center is part of the Legal Job Exchange, which gives your résumé more exposure and provides you with a larger selection in your job hunt. Post your résumé, have job alerts emailed to you for jobs matching your search criteria, and apply for jobs online! Take a step closer to a new job you can be excited about.
- Certification Programs: Demonstrate your proficiency in administrative legal skills by obtaining your Accredited Legal Professional (ALP) certification. It is the basic, entry-level certification for legal professionals. The Professional Legal Secretary (PLS) and Professional Paralegal (PP) certifications allow you to move up the career ladder by displaying your high level of knowledge and expertise. NALS has the certification for you, whether you are beginning a career in the legal industry or are a veteran paralegal ready to display your skills. With three levels of certification NALS offers something for everyone and if you are just starting your career we offer you ways to prove yourself as you advance and gain experience.
- NALS Code of Ethics: The NALS Code of Ethics gives you credibility in the legal industry by showing your adherence to a strict set of professional guidelines. This adherence shows your dedication to the industry and your career as a legal professional.
- Conferences: NALS conferences are well known for offering great education while creating a fun environment for you to enjoy your time away from the office. With state meetings and two national conferences, we hope that you can make the most out of your membership and attend a NALS conference!
- Forums: NALS online forums provide a platform for members to ask (and answer) questions on a variety of topics. If you have a question, look first to the NALS online forums to learn from your peers. If you are experienced in a particular field, consider answering questions and becoming a forum moderator.
- Legal Training Course: NALS Legal Training Courses can prepare you for a career in the legal profession and are a great way to prepare for certification. Courses are offered locally by our states and chapters—area professionals provide classroom training one or two nights a week for several weeks.
- Member Locator: NALS increases your opportunity for networking by providing a membership directory, assessable through your member login, that allows you to search for NALS members by last name, city, or state. When preparing your attorney for a trip to a distant location, locate a NALS member in that city for reliable local information!
- NALS OnDemand Library: The NALS OnDemand Library offers members a valuable education resource. We understand that you want more for your money and we are giving you just that. The OnDemand Library holds a listing of past webinars and podcasts available for download on YOUR TIME, 20+ presentations from our most popular conference sessions, a catalog of Jett Award winning chapter project outlines, the Ethics Series, The NALS Guide to Model Competencies for Legal Secretaries, and full issues of past @Law magazines in PDF format. These resources are here for you to use whenever you would like. Download to your mobile devices and tablets, and take them with you for FREE... simply for being a NALS member.
- Publications/Communications: NALS is on the cutting edge of technology by providing information to you in the ways you want to receive it. Whether it is a print publication, digital newsletter, email alerts, or even through social media, NALS will keep you up to date on what is going on in the association and the industry. NALS members receive a subscription to all three of NALS publications as a part of their membership—@Law, the NALS Magazine for Legal Professionals and our email newsletter, the NALS docket.
- Specialty Certificate Program: NALS is offering Specialty Certificates for those who want to go above and beyond. Receiving a Specialty Certificate in one of the 3 tracks designated by NALS – Litigation/Civil Law, Corporate Law, or Estate Planning/Family Law is sure to set you apart from the competition and make your area of expertise known.
- States & Chapters: NALS is a tri-level association, structured so that you will have a support system on every level by—local, state, and national. This allows you to be connected with legal professionals all across the country.
- NALS WebEd Program: Through the NALS WebEd program, NALS hosts webinars on various topics of interest to our members and others in the legal support industry. Sessions are expert driven with both a visual and audio presentation to give you an all around great experience. As a NALS member, you will enjoy a number of free WebEd sessions and will receive a discount on all other sessions offered in this format. If you cannot make the live session, you will have the opportunity to download past sessions at your convenience! NALS brings on-demand education directly to you.
- The NALS Foundation: The non-profit wing of NALS offers states and chapters grants to supply you with quality educational programs.
Join NALS today!